Applied Concepts for Confidence Building
Amy Herot, NACSW Co-founder
January 26, 2021 -
February 02, 2021
One webinar in three (3) 75-minute sessions
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 through Tuesday, February 2, 2021
See below for exact dates, times, and topics.
These webinars will be presented live and are also available to download for your video library.
Applied Concepts for Confidence Building
A 3-part series with Amy Herot
Co-Founder NACSW™ and K9 Nose Work®
Applied Concepts for Confidence Building is a ‘how-to’ webinar designed in conjunction with the Elements with Confidence series. This learning lab is split into three parts and focuses on the implementation of techniques and exercises that build the skills to foster self-assurance and understanding. While some concepts may emphasize either the dog or handler, the acquired skills typically result in learning for both members of the team. Each webinar will review a concept (like leash work, or blank areas) with an initial focus on a particular element for illustration, then follow up with tips on how to apply that concept across other relevant elements through exercise design.
This new series builds on the information in the Elements with Confidence webinars but also can stand alone for those who already have an understanding of the basic components required for each element: Containers, Interiors, Exteriors, and Vehicles.
Hear what Amy has to say about this series.
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 - Aired live and recorded. You will receive the link to download on February 9th.
12 noon ET, 9 AM PT
Applied Concepts #1
Thursday, January 28, 2021
12 noon ET, 9 AM PT
Applied Concepts #2
Tuesday, February 2, 2021
12 noon ET, 9 AM PT
Applied Concepts #3
Total of 3 hours 45 minutes.
CAN'T MAKE THE LIVE PRESENTATIONS? NO PROBLEM. YOU CAN OWN THEM!
Sign up for the series or individual webinars even after they have aired. RECORDINGS available to purchase through midnight Monday, February 8, 2021. We will send you all the information you need to view them by Tuesday, February 9, 2021 if you purchase the live webinar or the recordings through Monday, February 8, 2021. The recordings will be available for viewing and DOWNLOADING to your computer starting the afternoon of Tuesday, February 9, 2021 until midnight Monday, March 8, 2021.
Amy is a professional K9 trainer and handler and brings over a decade of experience to her work. She has certified teams in Narcotics and Explosives and has logged over 1500 instructional hours in detection dog training. As co-founder of K9 Nose Work, and the National Association of Canine Scent Work Association, LLC® (NACSW™), she has sought to bring that experience to companion dogs and handlers through the development of K9 Nose Work® classes and sport events.
In the canine sport world Amy has trained dogs for tracking, agility, sheepherding, protection sports, and detection. She has competed nationally with her Dutch Shepherd, Maya and took 3rd place in Narcotics Detection at the Gold Coast K9 Working Dog Trials and 1st place, open division, at the Oxnard Police K9 Foundation Inaugural Trial, 2009. Her Belgian Malinois, Seven, is a nationally certified explosives detection dog and took 1st place in the Explosives Building Search at the 2009 Ventura County Sheriff's K9 Trial and holds an APR1 IPO title.
Amy holds a Bachelor of Science from NYU and passed national certification through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT) in December 2004. Additionally, she is a graduate of the Balu Academy for Dog Trainers and is a John Rogerson associate here in the U.S.
Her professional memberships and affiliations include the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT), Southern California Dog Trainers’ Forum (SCDTF), Southern California Schutzhund Club, California Narcotics Canine Association (CNCA) and International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators (IABTI). Amy gives much volunteer time and expertise to the betterment of shelter dogs. Some of Amy’s other achievements have been the 2007 President's Volunteer Service Award, spcaLA's 2005 Outstanding H.E.A.L. (Helping Enhance Animals Lives) Volunteer and 2006 Volunteer of the Year.
Amy is one of the country’s most experienced K9 Nose Work® instructors and is a co-founder of NACSW™. In addition to teaching many of the top competitive teams, she has also reviewed hundreds of trial videos that have provided important insights into training and handling for success. Amy is owner of the Los Angeles based All Good Dogs, LLC. www.allgooddogs.biz
NACSW for CNWIs
6 CEUs for the 3-part series
Sorry, no CEUs granted for CPDT-KA
3.75 CEUs for the 3-part series
IAABC Members Only: You will be sent a questionnaire that must be completed and returned to Bonnie at Dogs of Course by March 11th in order to be eligible for CEUs.
CEUs- based on hours attended
Before you register, please read the important information under "Rules and Considerations" at the bottom of the webpage.
- $75 for the full 3-part series. You will have access to view and download the recordings until midnight, March 8, 2021.
Applied Concepts for Confidence Building is available as one webinar in 3 parts only. There is no option to purchase only one of the webinar sessions.
- Payment MUST be made through PayPal, either with a PayPal account or by using your credit or debit card. No checks for the webinars, please.
REGISTRATION CLOSES MIDNIGHT, MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2021 Eastern Time. After registering and sending payment, you will receive a confirmation email(s) from Dogs of Course. You will receive an ADDITIONAL email from Zoom about joining the webinar.
In order to register and attend, you must download the Zoom app for your phone OR register through your PC or laptop for a free Zoom account at https://zoom.us/
Registration Refund Policy for the Webinar
- Registration for this event confirms that you have read and agree to these policies.
- Applied Concepts for Confidence Building is available as one webinar in 3 parts only. There is no option to purchase only one of the webinar sessions.
- The best way to cancel for this event is to contact Dogs of Course before the first webinar session is aired. Or you will find the cancellation link at the bottom of the webinar confirmation from Zoom. You must submit a cancellation through Zoom for EACH of the webinar segments. It will not be a "blanket cancellation." You will be refunded the registration fee in 3-5 business days.
- No refunds after the start time of the first live webinar you want to cancel.
- No refunds for "no-shows." You will be able to download the recordings if you cannot attend live.
- No refunds for failure to view or DOWNLOAD the recording before midnight March 8.
- The webinar fee is not transferable to another webinar, seminar, camp, course, or person.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION. PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU REGISTER.
- Our webinar presentations include video analysis. Dogs of Course and the speaker(s) will do their best to provide you with a quality product. However, there are factors of running live webinars beyond our control that can impact the overall quality.
- The quality of the presentation video is contingent on your computer operating system, your internet connection, the speaker's internet connection and the bandwidth available from Zoom. Even with high speed internet video can/will lag or stutter a bit. You should expect degraded video to some degree. Again, Dogs of Course and your speaker have done their best to insure a quality presentation.
- If your computer is older or your internet slow that your smart phone might be a better choice.
- Please read and print out this link. It has important information. FAQ About Zoom, CEUs, Downloads, and this Webinar Series
- Below is information from Zoom about system requirements and a website where you can test your internet speed to see if your system is optimal for the presentation. Dogs of Course can not guarantee the quality of the video in the webinars.
How do I know how fast my internet speed is?https://www.speedtest.net/
Zoom presentations work best on the following browsers, with Google Chrome being our top pick:
- For Windows: IE 11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- For Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- For Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Close all other windows and get off the internet except for the presentation so your internet and computer are not bogged down trying to multitask.
- Family members that are using your home's bandwidth may be impacting your ability to view the video. Asking them to not use the internet during the webinar (including phones and tablets that are hooked up to the internet) may help.