GA K9NW Camp Symposium Day
Be Prepared: Trialing for Success
Teah Anders CNWI, CPDT-KA, CMMI
Barbara Schwerdt, CPDT-KA, CNWI
The intent of this day is to provide additional education for all K9NW enthusiasts, instructors, and handlers to increase skills and knowledge.
This Symposium Day is for GA K9NW Campers as well as enthusiasts who would like to come for the day to attend the Symposium only.
Join us for the whole day! Start with breakfast at camp at 8:00AM and join us for dinner at 6pm if you wish.
Workshop hours: 9:00 AM - 4:00/4:30PM
“Be Prepared” is not just a boy scout motto or a song from the Lion King, it is a philosophy and action plan for trialing success no matter the level. So often we participate in a trial and leave disappointed or confused on what happened either with our dogs or our own performance. Being prepared is a way to avoid the anguish and make each trial a success with or without the ribbon.
Through power point presentations, video and audience participation, Teah and Barbara will share with you some of the important skills needed for trialing and how to know if you and your dog are ready to trial.
Topics will include:
• What kind of competitor are you? What about your dog?
• Setting expectations and goals for each trial
• Mental and emotional preparation for the human and dog
• The advantage to routines
• Conditioning the mind and body
• Skill sets and competency levels
• How to prepare for the unexpected
• Changing strategies.
• Evaluating what you and your dog need to become a confident team
Tuition includes three meals and overnight lodging (if you are already staying on site as a regular camper) on 4/16/18. Breakfast is served the following morning before campers leave.
Tuition for Symposium Day Attendees who did not attend camp will also include three meals PLUS a copy of the Camper Book of Exercises, created by our Camp Instructors and packed with great training exercises for you and your dog.
Continuing Education Credits for 2018 Symposium Day
6.5 CEUs from IAABC
6.5 CEUs from CCPDT for CPDT-KA/KSA
6 CEUs from NACSW for CNWI
2018 GA Camp Symposium Day Cancellation Policy:
Cancellation and Refund policy is as follows:
- Cancellations received within 3 days of registration, full refund. If you change your mind about attending the event within 3 days of your registration, a full refund will be offered.
- Cancellations received 60 days or more before the start date will be refunded less the $25 non-refundable deposit.
- Cancellations received between 60 and 30 days of the start date will be refunded 50% of the tuition after the $25 non-refundable deposit is deducted.
- Due to the nature of running a workshop in conjunction with a dog training camp cancellations received 30 days or fewer before the start date will not receive a refund.
- Campers that have to leave early for their own reasons or are "No-shows” will not receive a refund.
- Participants asked to leave the event/property by the camp director or lead instructors will not be refunded any part of the tuition.
- No part of the tuition fee will be refunded if the event cannot take place or be completed by reason of fire, civil disturbances, an Act of God, public emergency, or any other cause beyond the control of the camp organizers.
We are sorry, this event is closed at this time